Scholarly and Theological Articles
This Weeks Featured Article
- Stare Non Determinus “We are told that the doctrine of Stare Decisis requires that lower court judges must follow the dictates of the Supreme Court, and that only the Supreme Court has the power to reverse its own decisions. Is the claim true, or are all judges beholden to their Oath of Office to accord their decisions with the United States Constitution?” 09/30/05
Previously Featured Articles
- R.L. Dabney On Civil Government Thus far, we have considered the individual action of the citizen towards an unrighteous government, and have shown that, even when constrained to disobey an unrighteous law, he must submit to the penalty. Do we then inculcate the slavish doctrine of passive obedience, which asserts the divine and irresponsible right of kings, so that even though they so abuse their powers that the proper ends of government are lost, God forbids resistance? By no means.
- Why Christians Should Not Vote for George W. Bush As for me and my house, we will support and vote for a Presidential candidate that is pro-life without exceptions, who will not capitulate to the militant sodomites, and who will constrain themselves to the Constitution upon which our nation was founded.
- Standing Between the Butcher and the Baby It is the duty of all governments to properly discover and administer the Law … What happens, then, if a state government has properly administered the Law, but the federal government declares such administration to be unconstitutional?
- What is a Republic Anyway? In a Republic, there is a Law above the government, and in our case there is a written Constitution, in addition to the King to whom all governments owe honour.
- The Perjured Nation Any nation will be blessed to take God’s name in their Oaths when done with reverence, honour and solemnity. Similarly, any nation that does not take God’s name in their Oaths, or which blasphemes God’s name in their Oaths, is cursed and under judgment.